- Category: Modules
- Last Updated: Friday, 14 February 2014 19:01
- Published: Saturday, 27 October 2012 11:40
- Hits: 7042
User's guide for
JProEasyContact, from JPro Extensions, allows you to render a responsive easy and beautifully simple contact module on your Joomla! 3 website. The module auto fits even on mobile devices, without loosing any functionality.
|previous versions:||1.0.0 > 3.0.0|
|included in package:||JProiCaptcha plugin 3.0.5|
|demos:||demo one | demo two|
|type:||module + plugin|
|release date:||October 2012|
|updated on:||January 03, 2014|
|min. requirements:||Joomla!™ 3+
Gantry framework ready
Listed on Joomla!™ official Extensions Directory here.
What is JProEasyContact
JProEasyContact is a Joomla!™ 3 R3EADY! module
JProEasyContact allows you to render a responsive easy and beautifully simple contact module on your Joomla!™ 3 website. The module auto fits even on mobile devices, without loosing any functionality.
JProEasyContact uses a unique and proprietary JProiCaptcha system, specifically developed to work on Joomla!™ 3 with twitter Bootstrap framework. JProEasyContact is packed with several options that can be set on your Joomla!™ 3 back-end and with extra security layers for validation, to allow safe contacts to be sent. JProEasyContact validation system uses both jQuery and PHP to ensure that the form is submitted correctly.
Installation, updates and upgrades
How to install the JProEasyContact module
The installation process is the standard Joomla!™ installation procedure and no special requirements are needed to perform a successful module installation. Note that during the install process (since version 3.0.0) the JProiCaptcha plugin is also installed and you need to activate it and, optionally, configure it.
Configuring the backend options
JProEasyContact allows you to perform basic and advanced configuration on your Joomla!™ modules administration area.
There are three configuration tabs - Details | Options | Menu assignment. Although there's only need to configure the basics and important Menu assignment and module position (as in any other Joomla!™ module), you may want to perform other configurations and every configurable option has a help tip as you hover your mouse over the field label.
The Details tab is where you find Joomla!™'s general module options that are common to all of your installed modules. It's important that, in this tab, you assign a layout position to your module taking into account the template you're using.
In the second tab - Options, you have two sliders for the specific JProEasyContact configurations. The first corresponds to the Basic Options and the second to the Advanced Options:
- Email format - Select Html or Text format emails.
- Filter banned text - Yes, means that the system will filter the fields for non allowed tags and system banned words. Default is Yes.
- Email address - Set the email address to be used as the contact recipient. Leave blank to use your Joomla!™ configuration email address;
- Pre text - Text to be displayed before the module body. HTML is allowed;
- Pos text - Text to be displayed after the module body. HTML is allowed;
- Thank you message - The message that will be displayed after the form successfully submitted. HTML allowed;
- Message footer - Add any extra text to be set in the email message footer. Example: your company contacts, etc.
- Background image - This field allows you to use an image as a background for the JProEasyContact module div.
In the Advanced Options tab you have the following module specific options:
- Use Joomla!™ validator - Note, the JProEasyContact has a built in validator. Set Yes if you ant to add also the Joomla! validator to the form. Default is No.
- Use minified validation - Select to use the JProEasyContact minified validation plugin. Default is Yes.
- Use css updates - Select Yes to use the updates stylesheets and keep untouched any custom css performed on the normal css files. Default is No.
- Use Captcha - Select yes, if you wish to use a captcha above the contact form submit button and increase security JProiCaptcha. Yes - means all users, Guests only means that only non-logged users will have to decode the captcha security;
- Captcha type - Select the captcha type to use. JProiCaptcha (included in package since 3.0.0), reCaptcha (Joomla!™ default), System default (any that is set in your Joomla!™ general configuration). Default is JProiCaptcha.
- Default subjects? - Here you can enter default message subjects, separated by commas, that will be loaded as user starts typing;
- Use 'copy me'? - Select yes to allow user to receive a copy of the email.
- Hide labels - Check yes to hide the labels above each form input field for a more compact style Default is No.
- Module Class Suffix - A suffix to be applied to the CSS class of the module. This allows for individual module styling;
- Module tag - The HTML tag for module;
- Bootstrap size - An option to specify how many columns the module will use;
- Header tag - The HTML tag for module header/title;
- Header class - The CSS class for module header/title;
- Module style - Use this option to override the template style for it's position.
Rendering JProEasyContact in your front-end Joomla!™ site
After configuring the backend options, including the basic menu assignment, position, and publishing it, the JProEasyContact module will automatically render on the pages and positions selected, so there's no need to do any other configurations. It's ready to use!
Tips & Tricks
A few simple tips and tricks
Just in case you want to change the look and feel of the JProEasyContact module, it is highly recommended that you do an override of the default view to your template, so that in case of any updates, you'll not loose your personal settings/code/markup. To do this, follow the following steps:
1. create a directory with the module name in your default template html directory (the path should look like the following - yoursite/templates/your_template/html/mod_jproeasycontact/.
2. copy the three files - default.php, form_success.php and index.html, inside the mod_jproeasycontact tmpl directory to the directory you've created in your template (you should have now those two files inside the yoursite/templates/your_template/html/mod_jproeasycontact/). Don't copy the tmpl directory. This is just to be used by the platform in the modules directory and not inside the templates html!
3. Now that you have the default.php and form_success.php files, you can do your templating on these files, without affecting the core ones.
Note: any templating might change the module behavior, so test it before you take it live. In case something goes wrong, you can still copy the original files again and start over.
Included in package
JProiCaptcha v3.0.3 captcha plugin from JPro Extensions.
Please read the LICENSE.TXT that ships with the JProEasyContact module package
The module ships with the default English (en-GB) translation files that are located in the following directory in your Joomla!™ website:
You can check our GitHub page and see if there are already other community translations for the component and the language you want. If not, you can create your own following Joomla!™ translation guidelines that you can read here.
Then, if you wish, you can contribute to the community and fork our translations repository from GitHub and make a pull request.